Friday, May 18, 2007

May Update

Hey All,
Sorry it's been a while...but here's what's been going on.

Nick has made a new friend...he lives in the giant tree next to our balcony. He has been named 'Jack Wonder.' Ah yes, because of his love for stale wonder bread. He will grab the bread right out of Nick's hand and he definitely hates the cats. After making lunch for my mom on Mother's Day, she sent home a can of stale cashews for him. Spoiled brat...Yikes!
As I said, Nick and I went to my moms to make her lunch for Mother's Day, after we had gone to his moms to make her breakfast. It was a really good idea, they didn't have to do anything and I think they really enjoyed it. We made Nick's mom Stuffed French Toast with Bananas and Walnuts. We made my mom a Sesame-Lime Shrimp Salad.

My mom was in, let's say 'a giving mood,' and tried to get us to take a bunch of stuff out of her garage home with us. Guess what Nick found...oh yeah, the original Rubik's Cube that my parents gave me in 1981. Yes folks, Nick wasn't born until 1982, so he never had one as a kid. He has been playing with the thing non stop since then. He swears he's gonna figure it out. :)

We have been making homemade chips, salsa and guac lately. Thanks to the fryer my mom gave us for Christmas. I think Nick may have put too much of something? I don't remember...but I thought it was good.

Speaking of...Nick's 25th birthday was yesterday. We didn't do much just went to the new bar across the street for $.99 cent pint night and then to watch Ben and Eric play their last regular season dart match.

Darts: Val and I are on a team called 'Lady and the Tramps' in B league, and No neither Val or I are the Lady. Nick is in A league and Ben & Eric are AA. We have all made playoffs. Crazy huh? So next week, Val and I play the first round of B playoffs on Monday and Nick plays his first round on Tuesday. Then Nick and I fly to Dallas on Wednesday, so we will miss watching the first round of AA playoffs. But don't worry, we planned our vacation so Nick could be back or round 2 the following week.

No comments: