Thursday, February 15, 2007

Happy Valentines Day, Part 2...Dinner

Nick and I decided to stay home for Valentine's Day instead of going out to fight the crowds. We also decided that since we had a gift certificate to a gormet meat shop, we would make something we never eat. We bought 3 lbs of crab legs (the seafood guy was cool and hooked us up with some colosal ones too) As a kid I went crabbing in Oregon, but since then I have probably had crab legs twice, and I think Nick had only had them once before. We made a homemade steamer out of a stock pot, a pyrex bowl and a plate. We also had gruyere potato gratin and creamy garlic shells, it was so good, we ate all but 3 legs.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Jess and Nick! How are you guys??????? I went by Porter yesterday to visit-it was cool, but I am so glad I am gone!!!! Call me and let's have a drink! Meg