Tuesday, September 13, 2005

My Political Soapbox

In response to hurricane Katrina, President Bush said "To the extent the federal government didn't fully do its job right, I take responsibility. I want to know what went right and what went wrong." ( I know what went wrong, 62,040,610 people voted for the asshole in 2004 )

And here's how I interpret it: "Response to floods and storms is a state responsibility, and to the extent that we were too slow in recognizing how incompetent the state and the city were, I take responsibility; which is to say that I take no responsibility at all."

For the last 2 weeks the government has been saying that they weren't asked for help by state and local governments, therefore they were not responsible. So it's really easily to apologize for mistakes that were made by the federal government and take responsibility for them when you don't believe that there were mistakes to be responsible for. Why apologize now? wtf?

Good news everyone, there are only 1224 days left in the presidency. It can't come fast enough for me.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Jess! Bush is such a moron- nice of him to take responsibility two weeks later. And have you heard what his mom said? What an intelligent family. I hope people who voted for him are beginning to realize what a huge, huge mistake they made. Hope you had a good day off! Meg