Wednesday, April 05, 2006

The Dream Ring

Ok, so there are a few people out there who have never heard of an Asscher cut diamond. (it's by far my favorite cut) I had a very interesting dream the other night and this was my wedding ring, so I thought I would give you all a little lesson on my dream ring.

<--This particular ring is a 3 1/2 carat asscher cut with a 1/2 carat diamond and platinum setting.
(and roughly $50,000)

The "Asscher cut diamond" was developed in 1902 by the Asscher Brothers of Holland. It is a stepped square cut, often called the "square emerald cut." They have a deep step-cut crown and pavilion that create what we call the Hall of Mirrors effect. When you look directly into a well-cut Asscher diamond you see a wonderful illusion like an infinite hallway of reflecting mirrors. Cool huh?

2 comments:

Jimmy said...

OMG! That's not a ring! That's a really phat down payment on a house in Cherry Creek!

Ayako1984 said...

Hey, the Asscher cut is my favourite too! Not that many people are still into it these days though..the style was pretty popular in the 1920's and 30's apparently =)