Tuesday, June 06, 2006

Dallas Recap

Ok, so I found out Wednesday that my mom could get me a cheap ticket to Dallas if I could fly out Friday morning. Hey, long weekend in Texas and my cousin Tiffany was getting married...Fun right? Well, I had a 7 am flight out of Denver, which means I had to get up at 4:30 am to drive my tired ass to the airport. Not fun. My mom and cousin Todd picked me up from DFW and we drove to the small town where my family lives. I took a nap and then we were off to the rehearsal/rehearsal dinner. Yummy food. Saturday I woke up early thanks to the previous days nap and I started washing fruit. Then Todd and I went to the reception site so we could set up tables and linens. We spent the entire day in the blazing 95 degree super humid sun doing everything we can get our hands on to ensure Tiff and Michael's wedding was fabulous. The wedding was indeed beautiful and thank goodness for the frozen Bellini's at the reception. Tiffany and Michael looked fantastic and I think they had a good time. (I know they are having a good time in Mexico right now) After I finally got up at noon on Sunday, I spent the rest of the day by the pool (sweating my ass off) and then we drove back to Dallas. I also somehow ended up with a huge nasty bruise on the inside of my calf. How the hell did that happen? What's with me and bruises lately? Anyway, the flight back on Monday was a little bumpy and not fun for the scared flyer that I am, but that pretty much sums up my weekend.

No comments: