Tuesday, June 20, 2006

Sometimes Working in a Hospital is Just Plain Scary

Today I had to get tested for Mumps because the hospital 6 blocks away had an outbreak. Like everyone else I got all the vaccinations as a kid, but apparently there is still a 10-20% chance that you can get it anyway. Scary right? (& 3 years ago I tested positive for exposure to TB, awesome) Then to top off the day the nurses in my department thought they would do the blacklight handwashing test. Basically you get a special lotion to rub on your hands, they send you to wash them and then you get to see where you have missed. All the spots you miss are where the germs would be. Have you ever done this? It's nasty. I did well in the spots that most people miss. Yea! me.
(and no that's not my hand in the picture, mine was nowhere near that gross) Who says singing the alphabet song twice while washing your hands doesn't pay off? It so does.

2 comments:

healthcare jobs said...

Your blog has given me that thing which I never expect to get from all over the websites. Nice post guys!

regards,

Medical Jobs Australia

Roberto said...

yes sometimes but it is a well paid job too