Wednesday, July 05, 2006

Measles Shmeasles

Hi I'm back, don't know where I went but I'm back. So my mumps test results came back last week and there was good news and bad news. Well, actually it sucks either way, I do have immunity to the mumps but not the measles. Remember when you were a kid and had the series of shots before you went to school? It's called the MMR or Measles, Mumps and Rubella. I went to Employee Health today because they have decided to provide the vaccine to everyone who needs it. They are always willing to stick you with a needle. But here's the deal, you can't just get a shot for the measles you have to get the whole MMR again. wtf? The nurse says to me 'this will sting a little,' and jabs the tiny needle into the back of my tricep muscle. A little? Holy Shit it hurt. It was like a really really long burning bee sting. No wonder kids cry when they get that shot, I almost did. I did treat myself to Chipotle for lunch for all my pain and suffering. The really great news is I get another one in the other arm in 28 days. Fun! I can't wait.

No comments: