Wednesday, December 28, 2005

Let's Recap....

Hey I'm back...I didn't actually go anywhere, I just didn't feel like posting. I hope your holiday was/is super. So here is a short recap of my holiday weekend....

Friday Night...We went to the bar to drink beer, surprise! I had a few too many, surprise!

Saturday Morning...I went to 'brunch' at my dad's house. Okay, I was SOOO hungover. The 3 mimosa's I downed in a half an hour made zero difference. After the barrage of "Are you dating anyone?" questions I watched a little football, opened some gifts and barely ate. Eww...stomach churning.

Saturday Afternoon...After brunch I drove to my mom's house. Wow, could they possibly live any further apart? No, I don't think so. I walked into my mom's house she took one look at me and said "Wow, you're so hungover!" and then went to get beer. My mom is the coolest ever. So after a few beers, dinner and 4 episodes of the first season of LOST, I was so ready for bed. There is nothing like getting in bed at 8:30 pm on Christmas Eve. Awesome!

Sunday Morning...Presents!! I got really cool stuff from my mom and my cousin Todd! But I got the best present ever from my grandma in Texas. (I'm so being a smartass here, and once I get home and take a picture of it you'll see what I'm talking about) We had breakfast and I of course cut myself. Oh yeah, it wouldn't be a holiday without me hurting myself in some way. (I burned my hand with scalding water for my birthday a couple of years ago) We watched a couple more episodes of LOST and I went home.

Since I haven't posted in a few days most of you don't know about "The Challenge." ok, quick detour so I can explain. Ali & I decided to buy Nick and Charlie Christmas gifts. (If you read FFIS you know who they are) We got Nick this and Charlie a Boondock Saints hoodie. Ok, we were happy with what we got them and then "the challenge." Nick and Charlie wouldn't be outdone and talked shit for days about how the gifts they were getting us had to be better than the gifts we got for them. Ali and I had never been in a Christmas Present Challenge before, so you know we had to step it up a little. In addition to the two original gifts above, we bought them hats from the bar we always go to. We decided that wasn't enough and just had to make them t-shirts. There has been a long standing joke about how Ali and I are "dating," only because we're always together, so of course Nick and Charlie must be "dating" as well. So the back of the shirts have their pictures and they say "I'm With Him" and the front says "BFF Forever" Aww, isn't that cute?
Can you guess who won "the challenge?" Hell yeah we did!! Sorry guys, your gifts were AWESOME, but not quite enough. (I will devote an entire post to the cool gifts we got from Nick and Charlie later)

Sunday Night...We went to the bar for "the challenge" and post challenge beers. It was cool hanging out with friends on Christmas. I missed Ken and Holly's Steak Extravaganza though, sorry guys, but there is an awesome video of Ken singing on FFIS if you need a little pick me up.

Sorry, I know I said this post would be a short recap. See what happens when I don't post for days.

7 comments:

Jimmy said...

haha!!! Excellent presents! Did they wear those shirts the entire night? Classic!!! :o)

Jess said...

Jimmy....yes they did!! We didnt think they would actually wear them. And the people who didnt get to see them that night want them to wear them for FunDay! That's gonna be awesome.

Jimmy said...

hahahaha!!! Too funny! Those poor guys didn't know what they were getting into when they challenged your kung-fu!

WoodChuck said...

Fun post, Jess.

Anonymous said...

that is awesome! they didnt see it coming. :)

Anonymous said...

Are there more pictures of the shirts?

Anonymous said...

I wish my friends would make shirts! :) Nick and Charlie are lucky to have you girls!