Tuesday, December 13, 2005

Life Gem?

Ok, my mom approached me with this idea yesterday and I want to know what you think of it. We have always talked about being cremated after death, but I'm still a little torn with this idea. At first, the only thing I could say was Ewww! and then we started talking about it and then it didn't seem so bad.
Take the poll over here and let me know what you would do ---->

There is a company that will take the ashes of your loved one and make them into either a blue or yellow diamond. Quick Stats: They need 8 ounces of ash to make the gem, they come in sizes from .20 - 1.0 carats, prices range from $2,699 - $19,999 and it takes 6-9 months to make each stone. (depending on the color you choose)
What? all that's after cremation and funeral services.
So go to the website and read about it and/or just take the poll.

(Hey, if my mom is willing to set aside a cool $20,000 I might consider it, but I want the full carat)

3 comments:

WoodChuck said...

I guess that gives new meaning to "the family jewels". Hmmm... But it's not a bad idea just not sure how they do it.

Anonymous said...

Okay, sorry I am a little behind in my readings here, but what the hell is your mother talking about? I think for the $20,000 is would take to make her into "gem" could be better spent on a new wardrobe...tell her it will include a pair of zebra panties we can wrap around the urn.

Jess said...

Todd...LOL I'll tell her!