Monday, May 01, 2006

Float-On

So some of you are aware that I collect floaty pens. (and those of you who don't probably don't know me very well, at least not yet) So today one of the doctors in the hospital stopped by to bring me one from his recent trip to glamorous St Louis, Missouri. This is probably the 4th or 5th pen he has brought me and I know the second from St Louis, I mean how many different floaty pens are there from St Louis? Anyway, its so sweet that he thinks of me when he's traveling, or I guess it could be creepy. No no no I like to think of it as sweet, it makes me feel better.

Why floaty pens you ask? Well, about 4 years ago I was sitting at work talking to a friend and she was talking about her snow globe collection. She has an entire room for them, yikes. I just happened to see a print add in a magazine. It was a like you were sitting at a desk looking out the window at your brand new car in the driveway. On the desk was a coffee mug full of floaty pens. I thought it was a cool idea and it takes up so much less room than snow globes. That was it, I've been collecting since then. I don't remember how many I have but I'm a total nerd and they have their own display case.

I have mostly city/state floaty pens because cool people bring them back, (Thanks Todd) and I have a few cool odd ball ones like a fertility clinic pen. (Thanks Dana) I looked at a couple of sites today to see what was new in the world of floaty pens and a few made me laugh. If you any interest in animals, sports or the bible these should keep you entertained for a while. Oh, and don't forget the strippers, I have a few of these too.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

shut up, you have a display case for them?